We here at Sunny Side of the Street love to read! We read anything, from children’s books to romantic fiction to fantasy, and quite frankly anything in between. So, I have decided to compile a list of books that we consider as ‘must reads.’
Reading is a way of escaping everyday life, and it is a necessary escape, so do yourself a favor and grab one of the books on this list and start reading. If you have a favorite that is not on this list let us know in the comment section, we would love to know what you enjoy reading.
- The Storyteller – Jodi Picoult
- The Book Thief – Markus Zusac
- Wuthering Heights – Emily Bronte
- Emma – Jane Austen
- The Night Circus – Erin Morgenstern
- Le Petit Prince (The Little Prince) – Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
- The Hobbit – J.R.R. Tolkien
- Breakfast at Tiffany’s – Truman Capote
- The Fault in Our Stars – John Green
- Paper Towns – John Green
- The Perks of Being a Wallflower – Stephen Chbosky
- The Help – Kathryn Stockett
- Gone Girl – Gillian Flynn
- Anna Karenina – Leo Tolstoy
- Out of Africa – Isak Dinesen
- Beautiful Ruins – Jess Walter
- Lessons in French – Hilary Reyl
- The Chaperone – Laura Moriarty
- The Girl Who Saved the King of Sweden – Jonas Jonasson
- The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy – Douglas Adams
I hope these books will keep you occupied for a while!
I have always wanted to try my hand at blackout poetry. It is a form of poetry that literally anyone can do if you have an eye for words and their meaning. So this is a few of my first attempts. I hope that you will enjoy this and come back, wanting more.
Since I can remember music has been a part of my life, I am always singing my heart out not caring if I sound good or not. Music is part of my daily routine. For a pick-me-up in the morning I jump up and down to an upbeat song, it also rescues me from awkward social situations when I have to wait from someone on campus I don’t want to look like a lonely person. So thank you music! I now look like a normal person with ear phones, jamming to her favorite tracks!
And…luckily there is something for everyone and there is something for whatever mood you are in. If you don’t have any clue where to start to build up your personal playlist of songs you like – I can help you with that. Here is a playlist I compiled for spring season. The season for new beginnings, when the trees start to bloom and rainy weather show up every now and then. When you should grab every thrilling opportunity to kick off your shoes and dance in the rain. Spring is when a smile should be part of your outfit of the day. Spring is a time for falling in love and spending time with friends, laughing until your stomach hurts.
I hope this playlist will act as an inspiration. Happy listening!
- Regina Spektor – Raindrops
- Ingrid Michaelson – Far Away
- The New Velvet ft. Caroline Glaser – Let It Ride
- Imagine dragons – I Bet My life
- The Weepies – Happiness
- Alanis Morissette – Hand in my pocket
- Paper Kites – Bloom
- Plain White T’s – Rhythm of Love
- Carly Simon – Over the Rainbow
- Olly Murrs –Dance with me Tonight
- George Ezra – Barcelona
- Taylor Swift – Wildest Dreams
- Ellie Goulding – Love Me Like You do
- Taylor Swift – Style
- Joy Williams – We Are
- Florida Georgia Line – Anything Goes
- Majozi – Darling
- Bad Peter – My love has chosen You
- Jess Glynne – Hold my hand
- Calvin Harris – How deep is your Love
And just for a bonus track, because it’s spring…and I am turning 21 today!
- Rachel Platten – Fight Song